Monday, July 18, 2016

Random Thoughts: Some explanations and some other random assorted shit

Well it's been a long time, a lot longer than it seems as a matter of fact, but I am still alive in case anyone was wondering(unlikely). I guess that's what happens when you do mostly the same stuff day in and out, time sort of ceases to have much meaning, one year, four years, all pretty much the same. After having not written for such a long time, I practically feel like I have forgotten how to do it at all. Therefore, be advised that my posts will probably have about ten times more grammar mistakes than previously, which is saying a lot already. That said, one of the reasons I probably have not written more posts is that writing is probably my least favourite form of communication and it can be torture to write even a few paragraphs at time, probably one of the reasons I don't go for much of the social media thing, which seems to revolve around people shooting hundreds of short messages back and forth at one another. In the past I had thought about making YouTube videos as I tend to be a lot better at talking as opposed to writing, and while I may consider that in the future, it seems like a missed the boat on that by about a decade, YouTube is so 2008 or something like that. Twitter, Instagram,  or whatever the fuck social media thingy is out there now, that's where all the action is apparently. As I mentioned before, this post and the following things may seem even more unpolished and rough than in the past, but I'd rather have it that way and actually be able to write something down than worrying about every sentence to the point that it takes me half a day to write a paragraph. Think of this blog and the posts on it as akin to a continuous line drawing but with words instead of lines. 


Now, on to other business, which I think, if I remember anything from school, is a reason to start a new paragraph, scary to think that I don't even remember basic stuff about writing that I knew when I was twelve years old. That fact ought to serve as a commentary by itself on the usefulness and relevance of schooling to the rest of life. Undoubtedly, in some professions, such knowledge would be a vital skill, but when you spend your work-time engaged almost entirely in mindless paper shuffling, one's other knowledge faculties atrophy through disuse. Indeed, one of the reasons my output dropped early in my blogging "career" is because of starting work in the beginning of July 2011. Taking a peek back at my old posts, I noticed I had more posts in the first two months than in the subsequent five years. What's really annoying about that is there were many times when I saw stories in the news or other things that I really wanted to write about when they were fresh. While I may still do posts on the issues that surrounded those stories, it's not the same when you don't have the current event hook to tie into what you wanted to comment about. 

On another note, I am considering moving this blog to a WordPress one, as it seems to be the better platform from what I can ascertain. Also, Google has been getting on my nerves more and more, the ridiculous targeted advertising was enough to drive me batty though it was also rather amusing at the same time to see how far off the mark they were at times. This also really pissed me off,  apparently google has to put it on me to warn readers that they are putting cookies on their computers to track their every move (possibly). The really stupid thing is that I can't even access the European version of my blog to see what the warning actually looks like even though it says you can do that,  it just keeps redirecting back to my country's blogspot address when I try. 

On another not, I actually  did initially set up a WordPress blog back in 2011, but I never used it as blogger just seemed easier for my stupid brain to figure out at the time. If I do decide to make the switch, I will announce it here and probably leave up this site for a while after.  Well, that's about all for this episode, but hopefully, I will soon be back with an actual post on something, ideally I'd like to have a post at least every two to three weeks.

1 comment: