Saturday, June 25, 2011

On The Title Of This Blog: An Explanation

I have been thinking for awhile about the title of my blog and whether it conveyed what I wanted this blog to be about. I actually went through a number of titles at first, finding that many of them had already been taken. In the end, I settled on something that I thought would convey the way I think, but it may not be as clear to others as it is to myself so a little explanation is in order here.

 I'm the kind of person who has two sides inside myself that fight for domination. The one side is the happy, optimistic side that believes that everything will turn out swell in the end. The other part of me is the negative pessimist that believes that everything will turn out wrong and that the worst outcome is usually the one to be expected. This battle rages on inside me whether I am thinking about my own fate, or the fate of the world at large. Thus, it plays a large part in my commentary on social and political issues as well as the somewhat personal stuff that I write about from time to time. When you read this blog, you may find that some posts seem to come from quite different perspectives. This can be accounted for by whether the optimist or the pessimist in me was more in control at the time the post was written. 

 It should also be noted that not all of my posts fall into either of these categories, some are just random observations and some are just for fun. The fun ones often come from me being in  my pessimistic state, as I often tend to have a dark perverse sense of humour when I am in that state.

No comments:

Post a Comment