Friday, August 05, 2011

Why I Took Away The About Section On The Sidebar and Changed The Words Below The Title

Well that title is probably one of the longest titles you will see on my blog. As the title says, I made some changes on my blog. At one time I had a message that I can't remember now exactly, but it was somewhat of a disclaimer for this blog informing any potential reader that what I wrote here was nonobjective and that they should refrain from criticisms of me. I also had a self-deprecating line below the title. The reason I took these off is that I think they at some level, were a manifestation of my insecurity and that they would in a sense be preventing me from improving my confidence through writing. As the main reason for writing this blog is to improve my written communication and my confidence in expressing myself through writing by putting out my work in a somewhat public forum, it would be detrimental to that effort to try and preempt criticism of what I have wrote. I figure that if some people do come and hurl insults here, it will be an opportunity for me to improve my confidence by being exposed to that scrutiny. I think the new tagline for my blog best expresses how I want others to approach my writing here   


Now another reason I put that up initially was because I am hesitant to throw out stuff that could be nonsense and thereby adding to the theatre of absurdity that makes up certain portions of the Internet. Today, there are radio hosts who make truckloads of money spewing out completely uninformed opinions without the slightest idea of what they are talking about. Though that came to mind, when I thought about this issue further, I realized that most of my writing is analysis of subjects based on my own personal beliefs which are for the most part in the subjective realm. I certainly do realize that many people will not agree with my conclusions on many issues, but the reason for that, I suspect, is due to a difference in value systems as opposed a difference in the degree to which I or other people are informed about a particular issue. Having said that, if anyone reading this detects any error in any post on this blog, past of future, and if they point it out to me with evidence to substantiate their claim, I will be more than happy to correct my mistake. If I'm wrong than I'm wrong, I happen that the inability to see and correct one's errors is not a healthy form of pride, but rather an ultimately self-destructive personality trait that unfortunately is not that uncommon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment