Tuesday, October 18, 2011

DRUGS!! part 3: Legalize All Drugs

Okay, I have dealt with different aspects of drugs before, but today I am going to give my view on what the policy on drugs should be and specifically I am aiming see this at these liberal (and libertarian) wimps who go half-way on this issue.


Okay, now to my main point. My unequivocal position on the issue of drug legalization is that all drugs (including all "hard ones") should be legal completely and with restrictions on buying and selling etc. As for children, I say let them have whatever they want, I really don't care that much anymore. If stupid crazy parents want to inject heroin into their kid's eyeballs, I really couldn't care less. As far as I am concerned, people that stupid have already made the mistake of breeding and have probably already doomed their offspring. That last point is especially true if you accept genetic determinism (many anti-drug conservatives do) which leads to the conclusion that the real root problem here is not drugs or anything else, but rather the wrong people breeding.


Another thing I want to address in this post is the phenomenon of many so-called advocates of drug law reform who always become wimpy and make stupid compromises like only advocating the legalization of marijuana or advocating the legalization of other drugs but adding strong regulations to that. Incidentally, that is one of the reasons I dislike the whole marijuana lobby and  the most visible marijuana users aka potheads  (among many other reasons). The funny thing about those potheads is that it is their actions that sort of make the anti-weed contention that marijuana rots your brain more than a little plausible. I of course do think marijuana should be completely legal like everything else, I feel no reason to somehow elevate it into some sort of miracle plant.


Lastly, the libertarians who falter on this issue are some of the most annoying of all. I suppose one reason some might be reluctant to advocate full legalization is their desire to not lost respect from the mainstream and/or attempt to convince more people to adopt libertarianism. Speaking as someone who holds what might be broadly characterized as a libertarian position (a very unenthusiastic libertarian I might add) the fact of the matter is that libertarians in their more moderate form do not have much respect from the mainstream nor have they gained any converts by watering down their views either. The reality of the situation is that the majority of the population doesn't agree with libertarian ideas and that's all there is to it. Anyhow, I think that's all I have to say about this issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment