Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Well I figure it's either now or wait until next year to make a post about that subject so I might as well do it now. As holidays tend to be times that people can forget about the more troubling aspects of life, I figure that I might as well make a post about my favourite holiday. With the all negativity that has been on (and will be) this blog, I think that sometimes it's good to take a break from all of that and just focus on things that are sources of pleasure and enjoyment. 



As I mentioned before, Halloween is my favourite holiday, one of the reasons for that, I think is that it is one of the most guiltless holidays of all with the whole premise being on enjoyment and fun without any notions of sacrifice, no thanksgiving, no memorializing, no goodwill to others, just a pure celebration of life. I think that's one of the reasons it is dismissed as childish, because children who have not been brainwashed by moralistic bullshit can appreciate that aspect of the holiday far more than most adults. 


One more point here, which is that while I am trying to finish this before midnight so that my blog will list this post on October 31st, I happen to think that Halloween should continue past midnight even though by today's reckoning that is another day. After all, these are just human conventions, putting the beginning of a new day at 12:00 AM, why not another time. As far as I am concerned, Halloween should still continue until at least the first crack of dawn or at least until the first bit of morning light in the east, which would be until at least past four or five in the morning at the latitude I am at. 

No comments:

Post a Comment